martes, 12 de agosto de 2014

REVIEW: Opposition (Lux Series - Jennifer L. Armentrout)

***** 5 STARS


So, it's over. The awesome alien YA series of this awesome author has come to the end with last week's release of Opposition. The story about Katy Swartz and her alieneighbours reach its climax in this last book giving a lots of sensations to us...

I got the book on my Kindle the exact second the book was released, since I was reading another book then, I decided to wait to finish it and then start reading the book, but to make the experience much more better, I thought it was a perfect moment to re read the entire series so I could start Opposition with everything fresh in my mind to meet the conclusion of this exhilarating book series. 

I really am lost at words in what to say about this book. I don't have any notes, any buts, any points or critics that may be object, I think I'm just in love with everything Armentrout writes, weather is as Armentrout or as her pseudonym J. Lynn for adult books. She never cease to amaze me, she never fails to envelop me in her worlds, I've reading all of her released books except for Obsession (the arum counterpart to the luxen series) and that will change soon, since I already got Obsession and gonna start reading as soon as I have this paper done for work! (Which is killing me btw, 'cause all I want to do is read!). 

So all I really have to do is to describe what my emotions were while I was reading, first of all, Daemon Black is kind of like a contemporary Mr. Darcy for me, that's how perfect (with all his imperfections) he is. I'd be hypocrite to say that I'd never dream with a certain type of guy as a boyfriend (for not saying a prince charming 'cause duh, that's so unrealand Daemon, just as Mr. Darcy and a few other fictional characters meets those expectations so perfectly, I mean who wouldn't dream with a guy who is hot as hell, and loves you like you're his entire and only world?. Yes I'm very aware that he was such a douche in the beginning, but come on, it was all because he was trying to protect his family, doing what he thought it was right. Lame excuse if I actually start thinking as a sociologist and all the gender theories in my mind, but screw it I just fucking love the guy no matter all the symbolic violence he exerted toward Katy, and sure I hated him in the beginning just for that, but I can't deny that everytime Kat and Daemon had a scene together, there were butterflies in my tummy, and I must confess with a lot of shame to make it public, that I even got a little horny with all that sexual tension that only Jennifer can put into books like so few others! 
All that being said, Daemon didn't disappoint on this last book, he kept being the hot dark guy full of light and love for his people, his Kat and his family and friends. He kept making me feel butterflies and wishing I had a boy like that, or just any boy to be honest. 

Kat didn't disappoint either, Kat is the girl next door that turns into a complete badass over time, she grows in terms of strength and personality like only few characters does, she makes me remember Mac from the Fever series, with a lot of more realistic touches, well except for the alien mutation thingy, and fuck when she crashed at her house when she found out the lost of .... I crashed with her, I sobbed with her, and even when she put on her big girl pants and took some kind of control on her emotions and all that strength, I was still sobbing 'cause she's my hero, and I'm 25 and want to be a bad ass just like her! (I'm lame and my aspirations comes in the form of fiction, ok?)

So in the end, this book make me smile, cry, curse, swoon and cry some more, and I think that's what makes art a perfection, either is a book, a movie, a T. V show, a song, or a painting, there's nothing more perfect than a piece of art, of creation that makes you feel, specially when it makes you feel so many things at once, and seriously, I cried a lot,  but in the end all I could was smile, smile and think "What did Daemon wrote to Kat on that note? I need to know!!!!!!!!

Praise for Jennifer L. Armentrout and her writing :) 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Give me your comments or suggestions!