domingo, 6 de septiembre de 2015

Review: Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras

My Review: 5 of 5 stars!


"I lost her. No, I didn't lose her. I threw her away. She was my best friend. I was never supposed to fall in love with her. I was careless. She was heartbroken. I was doing fine until she came back into my life and reminded me what love was supposed to feel like. When it's all said and done, she may not want to stay, but this time I'm going to do everything in my power to not let her go"
 Paper Hearts releases on September 9th.
Preorder on Amazon ➺ http://amzn.to/1KSk7ZH
Preorder on iBooks ➺ http://apple.co/1Xdx3yb
Preorder on Kobo ➺ http://bit.ly/1FlPqpo



I finished the book a few hours ago and all I can say is that it was everything I hoped it was and more. This is the story of Mia and Jensen, and how after years apart they found each other again after a lot of pain and heartache. The question is Will Mia be able to stay for good or is the past too still too fresh for her?

Let's start at the beginning though... Have you seen Claire's covers? Well I think the cover of this book was the first clue of how amazing it was gonna be...

Claire has a very special way of writing, I think her writing is complex and to be honest at the first few pages of the book it was hard for me to concentrate and follow her, not because it wasn't good or difficult but because it required my whole attention and my mind was all over the place for some reason. And besides, English is not my first language and I'm still trying to get better at it everyday. But then I started appreciating this writing, the complexity and beyond that the meaning of the book. I can say that this story was a Romance story, in the category of New Adult. As you must know, if you've read my blog or previous reviews, those are my favorite kinds of books, but this one, this one I loved it because it was much more than that. 
The story was awesome, it was good, it had my heart sweating and beating and all worked up, my eyes filled with tears more than once even though they didn't fell. And sometimes I found myself smiling at the screen on my e-reader and sighing happily, but what really conquered me and made me gave the book 5 stars were the deep meanings on it, the deep thoughts, the lessons that I could take from it. I even wrote them on a notebook while reading, so here they are.

- It has really deep thoughts on life, love and society and the only way I can explain this right now without making this too long is by writing this quotes from Mia.

"We were all confused together, and ultimately, all lost together, despite our ages, races, genders and anything else that set us apart" 
Mia while people watching and taking pictures and analysing people, society and life. I loved this quote because it matches what I think on these subjects and it reached to me.

"Some might argue I never fell out of him, but I didn't think love was about falling in or out; it was about staying in. And we didn't" 
I loved this realisation of Mia while thinking of her relationship of Jensen, I never thought about it that way and I like that kind of thinking even though I know it might not be always that way.

- I felt this book was a journey, for the characters-specially Mia. A journey of forgiveness, to the one who she felt did her wrong and to herself. It's about recognizing you're stuck with something, a situation, a person and that something it's not letting you be happy and live your life to the fullest. It's a journey of moving on with your resentment and sadness and also a tale of second chances.

- It's also about loving someone so much, maybe too much, yet still knowing what and who you're with or without them and loving your self the same way.

- It showed me that sometimes all you need is someone to keep fighting for you when you can't, someone who doesn't give up on you, on them, even if you did, but that eventually it's you, and only you, the one who has to fight for yourself, for your love and the life you want to live.

So after all these items... How could I have not love the book? It was impossible not to, it was this awesome!

P.S: And all those Game of Thrones references and mentions... I totally loved that!!! 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Give me your comments or suggestions!