sábado, 5 de septiembre de 2015

August's BOTM: Favorite Books of the Month

So I skipped July's BOTM... But you know what's funny? I had it on a Draft and totally forgot to published it.... Silly Me!

Anyway, here's my Favorite read books of August, I read a lot more, as you can see on the bottom of my page, but here are my faves and the ones I thought deserve my mention:

Source: jilliandodd.net
1. That Baby by Jillian Dodd (That Series)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This was actually gonna go on July's FOTM because I read the first books of THAT SERIES that month, but since I forgot to post it I'm gonna leave it here now.

I thought these book were beautiful. Really cute story, with lots of funny moments, and a few tough ones too. I can honestly say that they made me laugh, made me sob (notice I say sob, not cry), and made me smile and fall in love with the characters in a really deep way. I think the leading female is wonderful, she has humour and wit and I just really love her. It was a perfect story to read at night before going to bed, on the beach or wherever, while wishing for better and happier things in life. The first book is That Boy where the female characters goes through life with two best friends, both male, we see how she grows up with them and then one of them turnes out to be THE ONE for her.Next in the series is That Wedding, it follows right where That Boy left off and shows how the characters go through the planning of the wedding, we see their doubt, their love, their fights, their frustrations, their insecurities and dealing with things that weren't dealt in the previous book. It's equally beautiful and leads to the last book released on August 10th called That Baby, here we see the process of pregnancy and how relationships change and develop now that they're married and expecting a child, the preparation and the fears that comes with that. Also there's the delivery of said child and there might be some drama that ends up beautifully. I really reccommend this book to you guys, it's a funny and pretty story about love, life and family :)

Get the books here!


2. The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West

































The Fill-In Boyfriend
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

That was such a great reading. I was done in one sitting, it just felt too short and I wish there was more, I want to know more about Bec and see how things progress between Gia and Hayden :) it was awesome! A young story, with lots of chemistry and some deep thoughts there too, a little bit of comedy and since it's a YA book there's not steamy or smut and when I read it I was in need of a break of the Adult books. I think this book left room to explore more of the characters since they were gonna head to college and stuff and it left open doors to explore the secondary characters too. I really recommend it if you're in need of something light, fun and good.




3. Better When He's Brave by Jay Crownover

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
See review Here










4. Devious Minds by K.F. Germaine

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
See Review Here










Bonus:

With Me in Seattle series by Kristen Proby


This is a series of 8 books plus a novella. I rated them from 3 to 5 stars, there were things that annoyed me, there were things that I loved, there were characters that charmed me and others that I didn't care at all for them. However what it makes it worth of posting here is that I love the fact that one of the biggest aspects of the series besides love and romance is that is a series about friendship and family, and I not mean the type of family build because of blood ties, but because of bonds that are beyond genetics. This series shows a family built on trust, on friendship, on love and that makes it a hell of a strong one, one I hope I can have one day along with my biological one. So I recommend it to all of you who loves books about family and friendship and romance. Also there's smut and erotic scenes which makes it really hot. ;)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Give me your comments or suggestions!