viernes, 19 de junio de 2015

Book Review: SCORCHED by JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT


***** 5 STARS


Scorched is the second book in the Frigid series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, this book is about a girl who likes to party and be carefree, then we discover that she hides some issues and how she finds the strength to acknowledge and deal with them. 
I don't always like to dwell on abstract of the book, if you want that you can read the preview on Goodreads :)

So let's go to what's important here, what I thought about the book. Well I loved it.
I don't even have much to say to it. All I can say is that I'm probably biased because my arguments revolve around my feelings, and this book make me feel EVERYTHING! Yes, from the sassyness of the female lead character, Andrea, the chemistry with the male lead, Tanner, but what really got through me, what made me cry, and feel hopeful and feel strong and inspired me, was Andrea and her issues, I don't want to spoil but I can say that I felt related in some kinda way with her, there are so many people who deal with mental issues, with mood issues, it's a reality and sometimes we are shamed by others who don't understand, and sometimes not even ourselves accept that there are things we need to deal to have a better life, a better future, to feel better with yourself. This book taught me that you have to be determined to be better and that the first step is recognize you have a problem, and that it's ok to ask for help, that I can still live a normal life and have a happy ending, or as many happy moments as I want!

So I'm gonna make this short and sweet, if you, like me, deal with sadness, depression, anxiety, substance abuse or other kind of thing that makes you not feel ok, read this, admit to yourself what you need help, want that help and ask for it. This book wasn't just a light read about romance, it actually teaches something, help us and makes us realize that we're not alone and that we can be HEARD.


P.S: JENNIFER HAS AN AWESOME GIVEAWAY (INTERNATIONAL) HERE X

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Give me your comments or suggestions!